I’ve finally started the process of physically rearranging the materials in the Van Nice Collection! Here’s a peek at what my work-space is looking like these days:
Basically, what I’ve got going on is a list of all the individual folder titles and their original box numbers, in the new arrangement that we’ve been working on. I take out all the boxes out that I need for a particular section, and start re-ordering all the folders according to my list, and then changing the box numbers to reflect the new organization.
At the same time, I’m splitting up the folders that contain too many papers into two or three or even four folders, so that they aren’t bending and the materials are nice and comfortable.
I’ve got 8 boxes down! Only 62 more to go…